Rio Carnival 2021
- 2021 Carnival starts on Friday, February 12th and ends on Fat Tuesday, February 16th.
- Carnival in Rio de Janeiro, Olinda and Salvador all claim for this title. The Carnival in Rio is definitely the biggest and most famous, not just in Brazil but in the whole world. It is also the most visited. Rio is considered the Worldwide Capital of the Carnival.
- Try to stay in South Side (the Zona Sul), which is not just the most beautiful and the safest area, but also offers the best structure. Copacabana, Ipanema and Leblon are the best, most up-market options. Botafogo, Lapa and Flamengo are more down-market but still within 15-20 minutes from Copacabana and Ipanema by subway, which runs 24 hours during Carnival.
Rio Carnival's highlight is the Samba Parade. Go to a few balls, join in as many street parties and street band processions as you can, both downtown (Centro) and in Southern Rio (the Zona Sul). Sample at least one samba school night rehearsal.
- The street band of Ipanema is the most famous and flamboyant one. The parties downtown (e.g. Cordão do Bola Preta - Black Beads) are the biggest.
- The most popular ones are the Gay Gala and the Black Beads Party in the Scala. A selected few participate in the Magic Ball at the Copacabana Palace.
- You should buy your Samba Parade tickets as early as possible. Buy tickets for the Magic Ball at the Copacabana Palace and some Scala balls also somewhat in advance. See ticket details for all events.
- It is an association of people of the same neighborhood preparing for the Samba Parade and entertaining the public with samba nights. They are not actual samba teaching institutions as their name may suggest.
- Join in the street parties and march with the street bands.
- For the absolute knock-out experience, see here how you can parade yourself in costume in the Sambodromo!
- You can watch the Parade in the Sambodromo and also parade the very same night if you buy a ticket and also a costume for the very same day. Please remember that you have to order a separate ticket to watch the Parade. People who also parade the same night can leave the Sambodromo, after receiving a wrist band to be able to return to their seats after their parading.
We work under the same conditions and with the same prices for everyone. Please order the required item online on the relevant shopping page.
- Accounts should be opened with your name exactly as it appears on your passport (ID card for Brazilians). It cannot be changed after registration. Neither we nor you can edit this data provided by you at the time of your registration.
- You will only have to send your request with a copy of your passport to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After making an order, you see your order on your Carnival Account page. It is always kept up-to-date and shows the current status of all your orders (whether it is waiting for authorization, has been accepted as paid or canceled).
- After a successful payment, you receive our written confirmation with all your payment and order details and that order on your Carnival Account page shows its status as completed and paid.
- When your order status reads "Payment Not Approved" or canceled, it means that you have not succeeded with your payment attempt: your payment was not authorized, no money has been taken from your account and you have not placed an order successfully. You could then try with another card.
- Our on-line payments are processed by a third-party, the biggest payment processing company in Brazil. A small number of card holders might experience difficulties, nevertheless we are not advised about the reason of any occasional rejection of a payment attempt.
- If you experience difficulties, don't give up. Simply try another card issued by an other bank or card company.
- We note, that credit card holders are more likely to succeed with their payment attempts than people with a debit card.
- Although we keep ticket orders under the Account Holder's name, the tickets are not issued with and do not bear that name. Thus the names of the actual patrons are not needed for ordering the tickets and can be ordered in anyone's name who has a Carnival Account with us.
- Straight after sending us your order, you'll see your order on your Carnival Account page. It is always kept up-to-date and shows the status of your payment, too.
- Certain security checks and card authentication will take place first before payment is taken from your account. Wait and do not try to make payment again as long as it says that payment is waiting to avoid double charge which could take weeks to rectify.
- When your payment is successful and authorized by the third-party payment processing company, you will receive our written payment confirmation with all your order details. The status of your order on your Carnival Account page will also show that your payment has been received.
- We will undertake all necessary procedures to book, hold, exchange the ticket vouchers, tickets, etc. for you until the actual magnetic cards are handed over.
- Beyond your statutory rights:
- Costume orders are refundable and can be canceled until October 31st, 2021.
- Tickets are refundable and can be canceled until October 31st, 2021.
- Tours and Sambodromo Round Transfer orders are refundable and can be canceled until October 31st, 2021.
- To get a refund for any item you will have to initiate the cancellation by e-mail to email@example.com giving us the order number, name and quantity of the items you want to cancel.
- To change an item, you will have to cancel it first and you can then order and pay for your new item.
- Cancellation requests after 7 days from the date of purchase, we will retain the Administration Fee paid and return only the unit price paid.
- We will credit the refund to the credit/debit card used after our payment processing company has processed your cancellation request, which can take a few weeks and which is beyond our control.
- Your items can be collected from our Visitors' Reception Center for free (only during its Carnival opening times) or tickets can be delivered for a small fee.
- Only you the Account Holder (who is the legal owner) or your Authorized Representative can receive your items after signing for the receipt. The person to collect your items should have your order number to identify your items (e.g. the payment confirmation e-mail).
- The Authorized Representative can be a person (e.g. friend, relative, etc.) or the Reception Desk of a hotel.
- You will be able to indicate your wish your items to be received by an Authorized Representative on your Carnival Account page. The Authorized Representative must have their ID (Original and copy), the Authorization Form signed by you, a copy of your passport and your credit card.
- It is a strategic location close to all places where most tourists and visitors stay.
- It is easily and quickly accessible by all means of transport.
- Clube Israelita Brasileiro (Israel-Brazilian Club) - R. Barata Ribeiro, 489 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22040-001
- Dates: From February 11 to February 15 and February 20th.
- Our Office Hours during the Visitors' Reception service are from 11:00h to 19:00h
- All items for 2022 Carnival will be available to order only after 2021 Carnival has finished.
- Please visit our pages and contact us with your inquiries regarding the 2021 Carnival season then.
- We will take care of you.